We arrived in Richmond last night and had a great personal tour of the town and bars by Russ’ friend, Scott. They met on a greek retreat in Greece, and he was very helpful showing us a lot of things about the state’s capital that we would not otherwise see. We ate at a oyster/alligator place where we went to catch a bite to eat and grab a brew.
I left my wallet in the car, and figured that I could get by with the “Hey we’re twins, I’m 22 also.” Without my ID, that line tends to work 90% of the time.
After supper, we had a tour of all the famous monuments and sites in Richmond. I never realized how large the city was, and I was in awe of the architecture and history of the town. After finishing with some sightseeing, we headed to Buddy's and Curbside bars to catch to the Eastern Conference Finals over some Magic Hat beers and watched the Cavs take a pretty hard loss.
Russ pricelined a hotel from his blackberry about 11p.m. and we got in pretty late. I went to bed pretty happy after finding an early copy of the new Dave CD, while Hayden was suffering from food poison that he randomly caught sometime that night.
Tomorrow we hope to cover some historic sites in Williamsburg before heading to Washington D.C. for two nights to stay with Russ’ friend, Jackson. Hopefully in Williamsburg, we will see some old timey places where all of the employees dress and act in character (like its 1864). I really really hope they act in character and do not break no matter what. We’ve passed several Virginia Tech bumper stickers and t-shirts and hope they saw my new Roll Tide Roll license plate and are steadfastly awaiting the September 5th kickoff in Atlanta. Will close for now, Obama is likely to see the black pathfinder coming down Pennsylvania Avenue tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment